The following article was posted on May 3rd, 2016, in the Santa Maria Sun – Volume 17, Issue 9. U.S. Rep. Lois Capps (D-Santa Barbara) announced her support for the designation of the Chumash Heritage National Marine Sanctuary on Monday, May 2, at a press conference in Pismo Beach.
- CAL COAST NEWS – Teaming up to prevent oil drilling off San Luis County’s coast
- SLO TRIBUNE – Chumash marine sanctuary stalled at federal level, not by supervisors’ vote
- CAL COAST NEWS – Opinion by Steve Rebuck, “The perils of approving a marine sanctuary”
- SLO TRIBUNE – SLO County supervisors cast split vote opposing proposed Chumash marine sanctuary
- Cape Cod Times – Fishing industry looks to Trump to undo marine monument designation