The following article was published online in Cal Coast News on February 9, 2017, authored by Steve Rebuck of San Luis Obispo, a fisheries consultant who has appeared before the U.S. Congress four times (1984, 1985, 2001, 2003) on the sea otter in California, MMPA and Endangered Species Act.
- CAL COAST NEWS – Teaming up to prevent oil drilling off San Luis County’s coast
- SLO TRIBUNE – Chumash marine sanctuary stalled at federal level, not by supervisors’ vote
- CAL COAST NEWS – Opinion by Steve Rebuck, “The perils of approving a marine sanctuary”
- SLO TRIBUNE – SLO County supervisors cast split vote opposing proposed Chumash marine sanctuary
- Cape Cod Times – Fishing industry looks to Trump to undo marine monument designation